In March 2020, the voters of Alexandria approved the purchase of a tract of land immediately southeast of the intersection of Cass Mill Road and Route 104. The purpose of the purchase is to provide a permanent location for the Alexandria Transfer Station, which is not located on leased property at the east end of Smith River Road. The Selectmen have appointed a group, the Transfer Station Siting Committee (TSSC), to plan for and manage this transition. All TSSC meetings will be open to the public.
- Kenneth Hall, Transfer Station Supervisor
- Jeffrey Cantara, Road Agent
- Sue Hunt, Trustee of Trust Funds
- Steve Whitman, chair of the Alexandria Waste Management Committee and member of the Alexandria Conservation Commission
- Jennifer Dostie, Administrative Assistant to the Selectmen
- Selectmen: George Tuthill, Robert Piehler, Chet Caron