Phone: (603) 530-2229
Fax: (603) 744-3165
Fire Chief George Clayman
Deputy Thomas Moore
OIL BURNER PERMITS
Please use the provided document to make provisions for proper permitting of any oil or gas powered appliance. Feel free to print the form, fill out as indicated and return to the town office during normal business hours for approval for install. Appointments for final inspection can be requested either by phone or text to the Duty phone, 603-530-2229. You can request final inspection at the town office as well. Please remember, we are a volunteer department and staffing is limited. We will return your requests as soon as we can. Thank you and feel free to call with any questions you may have.
FIRE PERMITS REQUIRED
Fire permits can be obtained in the Selectmen’s Office (603-744-3220).
EVERY PERSON, firm or corporation who kindles or causes to be kindled any fire or shall burn or cause to be burned any material in or near the woodlands, or where fire could communicate to the woodlands, except when the ground is covered with snow where you are burning shall obtain a written fire permit from the forest fire warden in the town or city where the fire will be kindled.
- Only property owners are authorized to obtain a permit
- A tenant or friend may obtain a permit only with written permission of the land owner
- The Fire Department maintains an extensive file of owner letters givign authorization to issue burn permits for their tenants. A new letter is required to be filed each year.
There are several types of permits available:
- CATEGORY I – cooking fire no greater than 2′ in diameter. This fire may be kindled at any time of day. A daily or seasonal permit may be issues.
- CATEGORY II – cooking fire no greater than 4′ in diameter. This fire may only be kindled between 5pm and 9pm. A daily or seasonal permit may be issued.
- CATEGORY III – A fire other than Category I or II fires. This fire may only be kindled between 5pm and 9pm. Permits will only be issued the day of use.
Only wood which is clearn, not treated, painted or stained may be burned.
All open fires shall be constantly attended until the fire is completely extinguised.
Category I fires shall be kindled no closer than 25′ from any structure.
Category II & III fires shall be kindled no closer than 50′ from any structure.
You must be 18 years of age to obtain a written fire permit.
If you have any questions regarding the burn permits, please email email@example.com or call 603-530-2229. If you have concerns about what somebody is burning in their fire pit or brush pile, please call 911.
LIABILITIES: RSA 227-L 17, V: Any person, firm or corporation causing or kindling a fire without a fire permit, when such permit is required, and any person by whose negligence or the negligence of his agents any fire is caused, shall be liable in a civil action for the payment to the town, state or United States or any or all of the same of expenses incurred in attending or extinguishing such a fire and may be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine up to $2,000 and/or up to one (1) year in jail, or both.