UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE
Tuesday, March 20, 2018: Selectmen’s Meeting at 6:00 pm
Wednesday, March 21, 2018: Planning Board Meeting at 6:00 pm
Wednesday, March 28, 2018: Conservation Commission Meeting at 6:30 pm
Tuesday, April 3, 2018: Selectmen’s Meeting at 6:00 pm
For full calendar visit: http://alexandrianh.com/270-2/
Visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/alexandrianh
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES
The Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s Office will be closed on Thursday, March 15, 2018 and Thursday, March 22, 2018.
RABIES CLINIC: Alexandria Volunteer Firefighters Association will be hosting a Rabies Clinic at the Alexandria Fire Station, 158 Washburn Road, on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm. $10/pet. All cats & dogs over 3 months. Please have pets on leash or otherwise restrained. Benefit AVFD John Pyne Memorial Rabies Clinic.
2018 FIRST DELIBERATIVE SESSION MINUTES (Minutes reflect amendments made to the town warrant at the first deliberative session)
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Polls Open 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Town Hall, 45 Washburn Road, Alexandria, NH
2017 Annual Report will be available online and in the Selectmen’s Office by March 6, 2018.
The Town Clerk/Tax Collector’s Office closed on voting day, Tuesday, March 13, 2018.
Alexandria Today Newsletters
For older issues of the Alexandria Today Newsletter, please email email@example.com.
NH Health Alerts
- 12-28-2017 Seasonal Influenza A(H3N2) Activity and Antiviral Treatment
- 12-20-2017 Gonorrhea Update and EPT
- 12-13-2017 Antibiotic Resistant Infections
- 11-16-2017 Leptospirosis in Puppies from Puerto Rico
- 09-28-2017 Influenza Circulating in New Hampshire, 2017-2018
Additional NH Health Alerts can be viewed at https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/cdcs/alerts/han.htm
2017 Tax Rate
We realize there has been a significant increase in the property tax rate for 2017. The largest increases are the school portion of the tax rate which increased by $2.32 and the Town portion which increased by $1.71. We thought it might be helpful to address concerns regarding the increase in the tax rate.
- The budget and warrant articles voted on for 2017 totaled $1,961,348; this is an increase of $177,858 over 2016.
- As a result of the town-wide revaluation of property values done in 2016 and the decreased value of the power plant as a result of it closing, the overall valuation of the town decreased by $2,837,647. This would increase the tax rate even if the budget had remained the same.
- In prior years, we have utilized funds from the unassigned fund balance to help off-set the tax rate. As a result of the heavy storm damage in October, we had to request emergency use of $256,035 from the unassigned fund balance. This did not leave us with enough funds available in the unassigned fund balance to off-set the tax rate for 2017.
- The total amount the school district needed to raise by taxes increased by $1,916,847; Alexandria’s portion increased by $423,098.
- The State Education Tax and County Tax increased slightly.