Wednesday, January 17, 2018: Planning Board Meeting at 6:00 pm***RESCHEDULED**
Tuesday, January 23, 2018: Selectmen’s Meeting at 6:00 pm with Budget Committee Meeting immediately following Selectmen’s Meeting
Wednesday, January 24, 2018: Planning Board Meeting at 6:00 pm
Wednesday, January 31, 2018: Conservation Commission Meeting at 6:30 pm
Tuesday, February 6, 2018: Selectmen’s Meeting at 6:00 pm
Visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/alexandrianh
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES
January 23, 2018 from 7:00 to 7:30 pm: The Supervisors of the Checklist will be in session at the Alexandria Town Hall for additions and corrections to the checklist, in preparation for the Deliberative Session of the Newfound Area School District on February 3, 2018 at Newfound Regional High School
January 27, 2018 from 11:00 to 11:30 am and February 3, 2018 from 2:00 to 2:30 pm: The Supervisors of the Checklist will be in session at the Alexandria Town Hall, for additions and corrections to the checklist, in preparation for the Deliberative Session of the Town of Alexandria on February 10, 2018, at the Alexandria Town Hall.
Saturday, February 10, 2018: First Deliberative Session at 10:00 am
2017 Tax Rate
We realize there has been a significant increase in the property tax rate for 2017. The largest increases are the school portion of the tax rate which increased by $2.32 and the Town portion which increased by $1.71. We thought it might be helpful to address concerns regarding the increase in the tax rate.
- The budget and warrant articles voted on for 2017 totaled $1,961,348; this is an increase of $177,858 over 2016.
- As a result of the town-wide revaluation of property values done in 2016 and the decreased value of the power plant as a result of it closing, the overall valuation of the town decreased by $2,837,647. This would increase the tax rate even if the budget had remained the same.
- In prior years, we have utilized funds from the unassigned fund balance to help off-set the tax rate. As a result of the heavy storm damage in October, we had to request emergency use of $256,035 from the unassigned fund balance. This did not leave us with enough funds available in the unassigned fund balance to off-set the tax rate for 2017.
- The total amount the school district needed to raise by taxes increased by $1,916,847; Alexandria’s portion increased by $423,098.
- The State Education Tax and County Tax increased slightly.
NH Health Alerts
- 12-28-2017 Seasonal Influenza A(H3N2) Activity and Antiviral Treatment
- 12-20-2017 Gonorrhea Update and EPT
- 12-13-2017 Antibiotic Resistant Infections
- 11-16-2017 Leptospirosis in Puppies from Puerto Rico
- 09-28-2017 Influenza Circulating in New Hampshire, 2017-2018
Additional NH Health Alerts can be viewed at https://www.dhhs.nh.gov/dphs/cdcs/alerts/han.htm